||Rankings||Postseason||Extended Footer||Search Results||More||Team Finder|
Totino-Grace pulls away in win over Apple Valley
• TOTINO-GRACE 42, APPLE VALLEY 14: Totino-Grace pushed its record to 11-0 with a commanding victory over Apple Valley on Friday at Griffin Stadium on the campus of Concordia (St. Paul). Kez Flomo rushed for a pair of touchdowns for Totino-Grace, and Ben Petersen had a 63-yard touchdown run and a successful two-point conversion. Totino-Grace will face the winner of Saturday's game between Bemidji and Moorhead in the semifinals at the Metrodome.
• OWATONNA 28, MANKATO WEST 0: Friday night's matchup pitted a pair of teams that had combined to win the past six Big Nine conference championships, and the Huskies continued their unbeaten run, shutting out the Scarlets to advance to the Metrodome with an 11-0 record. Mankato West ended the season 4-7. Owatonna will face St. Thomas Academy next Friday in the Metrodome in its first state tournament appearance since 1999.
• HUTCHINSON 23, KASSON-MANTORVILLE 21: The Tigers scored all of their points in the first half, then withstood a rally in winning at Chanhassen. The margin of victory was a failed two-point conversion by the Komets with about 10 minutes remaining in the game. McKinley Anderson had a pair of rushing touchdowns for the Tigers, who head to the Dome with an 11-0 record. Hutchinson will face Becker on Thursday in the semifinals.
• ROCHESTER LOURDES 21, JORDAN 7: The Eagles scored 21 first-half points and went on cruise control in the second half, dropping the Hubbers and improving their record to 11-0. Lourdes will play the winner of Saturday's game between New London-Spicer and Annandale in the semifinals. Jordan finished 4-8.
• CALEDONIA 27, SIBLEY EAST 6: The Warriors had little trouble with the Wolverines, running their record to 11-0 with a victory in Burnsville. Caledonia will face BOLD on Thursday at the Metrodome.
• JACKSON COUNTY CENTRAL 51, MAYER LUTHERAN 20: The Huskies flexed their outstate muscles and won in Chaska. Jackson County Central takes an 11-1 record to the Metrodome; Mayer Lutheran ended the season 10-2. The Huskies will face Moose Lake on Thursday at the Metrodome.